Tamworth had its first Pastoral and Agricultural show on the 27th & 28th February 1873.
In 1872, there was formed in Tamworth, the Liverpool Plains Pastoral, Agricultural & Horticulrural Association. Its main aims were to promote, foster and encourage the development of Agricultural, Pastoral, Dairying, Farmyard, Viticultural, Horticural, Mining and Industrial resourses of the Tamworth District.
|Aerial View Tamworth Show March 1958|
The P. & A. Association has used the five different showgrounds during its 145 years of shows. The first ground in Peel Street was used for three years, the Fitzroy Street for 29 years, the No. 1 Oval for three shows and then the Showgrounds in Taminda. (The headquarters for the Association for over 105 years still remain at 22 Showground Road, Taminda.)
In 2018, the show marked a milestone as we moved to the AELEC - Australian Equestrian and Livestock Events Centre at Hillview on the Goonoo Goonoo Road.
|Show Poster Around 1952|